This rice salad is earthy, fresh, and sweet. That’s the earthiness of the red rice + the coniferous essence of the pine nuts, the freshness of the mint, and the sweetness of the Zibibbo raisins and Saba. Bonus, it’s fast, simple, and can be prepared the day before.
1. Let raisins soak in the saba
2. Add rice to salted boiling water and cook for 30 minutes, or until al dente
3. Drain the rice and run it under cold water to stop the cooking process
4. Spread the rice on a clean dish towel and pat dry
5. Toast the pine nuts in a pan until golden
6. Mix mint, EVOO, pine nuts, raisins + saba in a small bowl, then mix with the rice in a serving bowl
7. Toss the rice well, cover, and put in refrigerator
8. Serve after 30 minutes, or serve the next day!