Gustiamo is on a caperberry kick. We can’t stop cooking with them; we’ve been adding caperberries to just about everything lately.
For this amazing pasta dish, Chef Silvia uses sun dried tomatoes from Maida Farm and a local fish, Hake aka Haddok, to add just enough sweetness.
We are in love with this pasta!
1 bag Calamari Faella
2 cloves garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
30 Caperberries, rinsed and sliced into small circles
1 jar Sun Dried Tomatoes, thinly sliced long-ways
1 glass of white wine
1/2 tablespoon Tomato Concentrate
1 fillet of white flaky fish (we used Hake aka Haddock), sliced into chunks
Handful of fennel fronds
Handful of toasted homemade breadcrumbs
- In a pan, sautee the garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil
- When the garlic starts to become golden, add caperberries and sun dried tomatoes
- Mix the tomato concentrate into the glass of wine until it dissolves, then with heat on high pour the wine into the pan and let the alcohol evaporate
- Discard the garlic, then quickly cook the fish, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks; then turn the flame off and mix in the fennel
- Boil a pot of salted water and cook the calamari al dente
- Drain the calamari keeping some pasta water
- Toss the calamari into the sauce, adding pasta water if needed
- Serve the pasta, topping it with breadcrumbs, and more fennel