These two rice varieties are all about their aromas! When cooking, the smell of black rice and red rice will remind you of freshly baked bread. Their intense color and unique flavor are the natural result of a special antioxidant called anthocyanin; that’s the antioxidant that makes blueberries blue and it is so good for you!
These Italian aromatic rice varieties are 100% whole grain, just like brown rice. To keep all their pigment and fragrance, each rice kernel is gently peeled from the husk and left whole with both the germ and bran.
Venere Black Rice
- Crespi Black Rice is an Italian variety known as Venere.
- It has round black grains, with a robust aroma that pairs particularly well with fish and seafood.
- It’s rich in vitamin B, iron, magnesium, and fiber.
Ermes Red Rice
- Crespi Red Rice is an Italian variety known as Ermes.
- It has a delicate flavor that pairs well with richer ingredients, like meat, nuts, and dried fruit.
- Its long red grains have a nice crunchy bite.