Ed knows anchovies from Cetara are the best! That is why he uses them in his recipe for Spaghetti con Alici. Anchovies have the power to add a huge flavor kick to whatever you cook. Especially pasta!
Here’s his recipe, enjoy!
1 pound spaghetti
8 -12 anchovies in salt
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 olive oil
1. Rinse the anchovies under cool water, removing any bones. Coarsely chop. In a second skillet over medium heat, add some olive oil, add then the oregano and half of the parsley. Add the anchovies. After a couple of minutes, add the wine and allow to cook for a few more minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add some olive oil and then add the onion, garlic, and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes, until tomatoes begin to wilt. Remove from heat.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
4. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. When cooked, drain, retaining some of the cooking water.
5. Place the pasta in the skillet with the tomatoes. Add in the anchovy mixture. Mix well, adding some of the retained pasta water if it seems dry.
6. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of the remaining parsley.