Have you ever searched #bottarga on Instagram? We highly recommend that you do. The results are numerous and ridiculously mouthwatering. Not to mention inspirational.
Here’s what you need to know about whole Bottarga:
- Whole Bottarga is a fish’s egg pouch after it has been dried and cured.
- It lasts forever (well, practically) in your fridge.
- You can make dozens of meals with just one Bottarga.
- To prep it, just pull back the outer layer and grate or slice, ready to eat!
- Mullet Bottarga from Sardegna has a delicate sea flavor and is best paired with this EVOO.
- Tuna Bottarga from Sicily is more rare and has an intense umami taste, it’s best paired with this EVOO.