You can use Bottarga in so many ways. No recipes needed. Here are some of our favorites: basic fennel salad, risotto, last minute egg style, pizza, keeping it simple, with artichokes.
Here’s what you need to know about whole Bottarga:
- Whole Bottarga is a fish’s egg pouch after it has been dried and cured.
- It lasts forever (well, practically) in your fridge.
- You can make dozens of meals with just one Bottarga.
- To prep it, just pull back the outer layer and grate or slice, ready to eat!
- Mullet Bottarga from Sardenga has a delicate sea flavor and is best paired with this EVOO.
- Tuna Bottarga from Sicily is more rare and has an intense umami taste, it’s best paired with this EVOO.