This is THE classic Ligurian extra virgin olive oil, hailing from that special spot nestled between the Italian Riviera and Alps. Gigi Benza is continuing his family tradition, he’s part of a legacy of frantoiani (olive oil makers) dating back to 1853. Gigi is fully committed to protecting and preserving the most prized Ligurian olive variety: the Taggiasca. Benza extra virgin olive oil is made with 100% Taggiasca olives, the most iconic EVOO from Liguria.
Fine and balanced smell with warm notes of almond and white flowers.
Delicate fruity taste, enriched with a distinctive aroma of green apple and pine nuts.
A slight tickle of spice on the back of the throat and no bitter notes.
Round and smooth on the palate, it has a long finish.
- Elegant dressing for salads and steamed vegetables.
- Seafood and fish are elevated by its fruity but not overpowering taste.
- Great frying oil for crunchy bites with a touch of grassiness.
- Drizzle on fresh cheese like ricotta and mozzarella.
- Bake homemade focaccia or the most aromatic and moist olive oil cake.
- Essential for pesto genovese.
- Ideal for dips, mayonnaise, and aioli.